Whether it's cool and crisp or light and creamy, healthy salad recipes are always appreciated during the hot days of summer.
These salads will all transport very nicely from your home to your picnic destination - no more wilted, soggy salads on your picnics!
A few of the healthy salad recipes listed above come with suggestions to turn them from a simple side salad to a more substantial main course salad. There are also many simple ways to turn any green salad into a full-meal deal:
|Healthy Salad Tips: |
Add some interest to your salads - try any of these salad topping ideas and you'll be adding colour, texture, vitamins and minerals:
- Toasted nuts and seeds (almonds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, sesame seeds)
- Dried cranberries, raisins, soybeans or wasabi peas
- Fresh fruit (oranges, apples, grapes, berries, pears)
- Extra veggies (grated carrots, red/yellow/green peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado)
- Wheat berries (fibre-rich whole grain)
- Black beans (excellent fibre source, antioxidants, and helps stabilize blood sugar levels)
- Cheese (protein and calcium)